Translate

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 17: To Fight For Sleep

Lucy and I hung out in bed for a little bit this morning, watching Mickey Mouse Fun House, and then we decided to get up.  I got her a pop tart while I made some coffee.  We colored and played for a while and then decided to go outside.  We weeded the garden together which was fun, I hope we can do for a while, because I need her extra set of hands.  She doesn't mind getting her hands dirty which is a good thing.  Some kids don't like that, weirdos!  We then went to Home Depot to shop for some stuff to make our garden get better!  I got a couple of concrete slabs to put underneath the garbage can in the front yard, make it look a little more classier plus it's not as gross.  We got a little tree for the garden too, Serena is going to be like, "What?!?" but we had to do it.  I put it on the Sear's card, I'm sorry but I love you.  We're trying to make the backyard look nice when people come over this weekend.  It's kind of our area to hang out now especially since Barkley will play fetch and there are no ant piles back there.  We came home and installed the blocks and the tree and then we went inside to hang out.  I made lunch (hot dogs and cheese puffs) and we ate together.  I think put Lucy down for a nap since her eyes were red and she looked tired.  She fought it for a while and then I let her watch Dora so I could try to put her down again.  She cried but then passed out.  I finished my book, Ghost Music, and now I'm waiting for her to wake up.  I'd like to try to go to the library if she wakes up any time soon, but I still need to take a shower which I'm waiting for her to wake up so she doesn't start crying and I'm no where to be found.  I need some new books to read, I'm fresh out and the books on the Wylie Library online system kind of blow.  The system is too hard to search for books.  I really enjoy reading a book with pages to tell you the truth, I don't think I'll grow out of that.  Love you Serena!

No comments:

Post a Comment